Sunday, August 1, 2010

Funfetti and Cheese Puffs

After not seeing Si for about a week and a half, Richard's side of our family was fiending for a visit. So we loaded up and headed over to Tisdale Manor in Rehobeth. Of course, when we arrived, Silas was the center of attention.



Thirty minutes later, everyone realized Richard and I had come too. The men went to watch as a repair man mended Grandmother and Granddaddy's air conditioner while the rest of us were entertained by Si. He, without a doubt, loved being a ham.





Grandmother is going to keep Si beginning Wednesday so I can grievously return to work. I really do enjoy my job, but I am completely depressed about leaving Silas all day. I do realize that God timed his birth perfectly so I could have 4 entire months home with him. I also realize how blessed I am that family is able to keep him rather than a daycare. That does not make leaving him any easier. The longest I have been away from him has been 4 hours for VBS and one loooonnnnggg day from 9-4 for a workshop...and his daddy was with him texting me picture updates the entire time. Prayers for this week will be greatly appreciated.

On a happier note, Funfetti cake!!!


Following homemade sub sandwiches with a super-sized bag of cheese puffs, we were able to dine on a piece yummy Funfetti goodness. Nothing says summer like Funfetti and cheese puffs.



Before we left, Silas got in a little more play time.




With a scowl and a tear, Si begrudgingly sat in his carseat for the journey home.

No comments: