Thursday, March 28, 2013

Micro-Soccer


My husband is a high school coach. He is the Offensive Coordinator of the football team and the Varsity boys basketball coach. My son has started playing MicroSoccer. He usually hops around like a kangaroo with his fingers straight out. He says he is a big truck with pokey things to poke people. My husband, the coach, is going nuts.

Ideally, we would see a lot of running in a herd of kids to kick the soccer ball.


After about an hour, the first day of soccer, in the middle of the field, while the game was occurring, my son decided it was time for his nap. Did I mention this was in the middle of the field?


Three weeks later, my son has developed true leadership skills. He now has a buddy to nap with him! I love Richard's expression here...


Silas's favorite part! Shaking hands means it is time to go.


I would like to note that Silas is still 2. The league is for 3-4 year olds, but since he does turn 3 during the season, he could play. After the first game, Si realized that he was too slow to keep up. He phoned it in after that.

 
Last Sunday, we told him it was time to get ready for soccer. He said he didn't want to go. When we asked why, he replied,"I just can't keep up with Champ, guys. He is too fast for me." Ha! Champ is our team's allstar!

No comments: