Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Dedication

Yes, I realize this post is past due; however, I didn't take many acceptable pictures. I waited until Laura Ashley posted hers so I could swipe, ehh borrow, them.

It just so happened that baby dedication fell one day after Si's 1/2 year birthday. Sounded to me like a great time for cake!



I was rather stressed the entire day because our dedication ceremony was during the evening service. Now, for those of you who have forgotten what it was like to have a baby around, anywhere between approximately 5-7 pm is not exactly the most jubilant time of day. Some days are ok, but I was forseeing the worst. I wasted my day being grumpy and stressed because the Lord is faithful and answers prayers. Silas did wonderfully despite a small meltdown prior to the service.




We had to arrive at 4 for pictures at church. After family pictures, we took a group shot of everyone that was participating in the service. There was also a wonderful shower-esque spread...and I didn't even eat my favorite, petifores! Thanks stressed mood. Mrs. Susanna went above and beyond to make everything very special. During the waiting time, Si and Coop got in some great playing.




Fortunately, we have wonderful family and friends that were willing to make the drive to show their love for Si.


(front to back: Kayla, Aunt Cait, Mimi, Gigi, G-daddy, Chubbs)

(front to back: Uncle Greg, Aunt Cindy, Grandmother, Jonathan, Granddaddy)

Afterwards, Gigi and G-daddy came over, and Gigi got to feed Si who loved every minute!




All in all, it was a wonderfully special evening. (And, no, besides the church picture which we haven't yet received, we did not take a family picture. I'm new at this, ok? Here are the only pictures of Si with either one of us.)



No comments: