Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our first family trip...

Well, as of 9:30 pm the night before our departure, my closet still closely resembled the disaster that I posted previously. Thankfully, my sister came to the rescue. At approximately,



we began tackling the beast.

We were able to find all sorts of things. Things I haven't worn since highschool. Things my mom talked me into buying that still had the tags on them three years later. Things that were three sizes smaller than I was pre-pregnancy that I swore I would wear again. Things that I wore on our honeymoon to Jamaica that I would definitely not wear again...but Caitlin was nice enough to try on.



Yes, that is a dress. Ha! As we worked, my bathroom transformed to look like this.






I ended up with eight, yes eight, lawn and leaf bags full of clothes to donate. But, hallelujah, when it all was said and done, the final product was absolutely fanastic!!!





Richard thinks I am going to let him move into the master closet now. I don't forsee that happening. At all. Ever. The sad news, my master bedroom and bathroom did not get funeralized. So, if we happen to perish while on this trip, you have my permission to cut a hole in my living room wall in order to reach my closet so that you can pick out my funeral attire. Better yet, buy me something new!! Under no circumstances are you allowed to enter my master bedroom. The remainder of the house is funeralized. Feel free to look around.


I wish I had been proactive enough to remember to take a picture of our car completely loaded down with supplies for the beach. Lets just say that Richard left himself a 3 inch x 3 inch window out of which he could peer to see behind him. Silas was protected from the metal bottom of his vibrating chair simply by his "roll bar," the carrier handle of his carseat. I had my feet on a cooler of delicious pimento cheese (thanks Mimi) and two cameras. It was quite a sight. We could have been in a National Lampoon's Vacation movie.


Here is our room in this luxurious condo.



Richard and I don't even know the other person is in the room, much less the bed! Silas is sleeping here.



And yes, that is our Diaper Dekor. There is no way we could survive a week at the beach without it!!

Silas absolutely loved his first trip to the beach. We ended up under the bridge on the bay. Perfect sun. Perfect shade. Perfect water.






Yesterday, we took Silas and Cooper to the pool. Silas was able to wear his "big boy" swimsuit that his daddy picked out just for him.




Now, I am a smocked, shadow-worked, appliqued kind of girl, so this was a very huge deal for me. (Next year, Si will have a smocked swimsuit, but the smallest they come is 12 months.) I even continued to look for a "little boy" swimsuit down here. I found a seersucker one with precious crabs embroidered on it, but the waist was too tight, and the stride was too long. After seeing the next picture you will understand what I mean. Silas has a growing tummy!! This is a picture of Si and Cooper, who is 3 weeks 3 days older than him.



Since the adorable crab swimsuit did not work, I did find another "big boy" swimsuit (with somewhat baby-friendlier colors) and some new pj's after a whole afternoon of shopping at the outlets.




Did I mention that we spent the whole afternoon at the outlets, and this was all we walked away with? I know, ridiculous.

Well, my baby boy is 2 months old today. I can't believe it!! Time sure does fly! He isn't smiling on command yet, but I can tell that it is coming soon! Our vacation ends Sunday, so I'll be back with the rest of our trip. By the way, as of today, there is oil in Gulf Shores. Beaches are closed. Good thing Silas has already been. Great thing we have a pool. I took these pictures Sunday morning before we left for church. (Thanks Graunt Judy for the beautiful gown!)






1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Thanks for the "My sister is SOOOO great and helped me clean out my wreck of a closet that I got her this present from my shopping day" pic..... :)