Monday, July 5, 2010

The Fourth and More

We have had an excellent couple of days! First of all, Aunt Cait was able to leave her "crazies" and come visit us! Of course, Mimi and Chubbs went out of town on a mini-vaca, but at least she finally had a bed in her own house! Aunt Cait couldn't believe how chubby Si has become...frequently I have walked in on Richard calling him "Biscuit." (Let me officially document that I am not pro the nickname Biscuit, but it is hilarious hearing Richard call Silas that in his baby talk voice.)

Cait and I use any excuse to make her absolute favorite, Funfetti anything. Be prepared for a Funfetti wedding cake when she gets married. She is serious about it!!







Yummmm! (Ignore the Christmas cupcake liners!) As you will see later, Zachary really enjoyed them!

Silas decided that he loved his highchair! It makes him feel very included to be in the mix of our chaos. We just wheeled him wherever we were in the kitchen while we were cooking...well, while Caitlin was cooking.




Unfortunately, Cait had to return to her job, so she was not here for the holiday. (Think of it this way, Cait. Time and a half pay!!) On Sunday, after a mad dash to ensure the house was ready, we had our families, my bestie Elizabeth, and her son Parker over for Independence Day. I didn't take a picture of our delicious spread because I didn't want to pine after it as I ate my Weight Watchers friendly foods all week, but let's just say it was overwhelmingly amazing!!!


After dinner, the adults chatted.









The kids really enjoyed the home grown watermelon,






the home-made ice cream, evident by Parker's shirt,




and, Aunt Cait's Funfetti cupcakes! It was an absolute blast!!




Zachary ate his in one bite.

Now that our pool is fully functional (thanks Daddy and Grandaddy!) much swimming took place. I was too busy vulturing over the spread to take a picture; from the noise, I could tell that fun was commencing!


Today, Daddy and Chubbs went to play the worst round of golf they have played all year. I asked Mimi if she wanted to come over for breakfast since the men were gone. Before she could get here, I fell back asleep and woke up to a flash.





No, Si does not sleep with us. He sleeps in his crib. However, every once in a while, after the 6 a.m. feeding, I do love a good snuggly nap!

Silas also had a big week. His new favorite trick is bubble blowing. This was a tiny session, but I had my camera handy.





He got to watch his first Baby Einstein video, and adored it! He "gooed" and "ahhed" and "squealed" throughout the whole thing!




When it was over, he did this for the first time!!




I was completely shocked!!!! I had about decided that slugging was his preference, so I watched him awestruck at the fact that he just rolled onto his side until Richard shouted, "Take a picture!! Take a picture!!" It was definitely a great Fourth!




Shout out to Uncle Greg!! Happy belated Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Double time, not time and a half :D