Sunday, November 21, 2010

Here's to the school we love!

Since it was Homecoming weekend, the Tisdales had to head to our alma mater to celebrate. I wanted to get to Troy in time to support my KD's in the parade, but, with a baby, that didn't happen. Instead we loaded up in time to be there about an hour before game time.



Once we got to Troy, Richard was starving (extremely long -as in 45 minute- car rides will do that to you) so we pulled on in to Santa Fe. Let's just say our waitress was very green. Lucky for her we are Christians. I am not so sure the ladies at the table behind us were. Anyway, an hour and fifteen minutes later we finally left Santa Fe and headed to the stadium.



Did you know that your school continues to grow after you leave? Ours sure did! I was a little more prepared than Richard for the enormous crowds and parking that costs money. We drove all around the stadium and ended up on the backside of campus. Before I realize what is going on, I see a man dragging a barrier and waving us in. It was Richard's friend Jeremy. We were meeting his family for the game. I am pretty sure Richard and he high fived and chest bumped because of the free parking. I am not sure they thought through the 4 mile hike with a 2 year old and 7 month old. For future reference, I vote pay the $10.

So then we hike. And walk. And pass around Richard's inhaler. And walk. And hike. And comment on how when we were in school that trek seemed like a small stroll. And finally arrive at the stadium after kickoff. Also for future reference, you can take a stroller into the stadium.




We had nice seats in the shade but were so close to the field it was somewhat hard to see the game. We did see some good friends though!



Parker was great with Silas. He got a kick out of tickling Si which kept them both entertained.





Parker also did great the whole game. He was content to sit in Becky's lap or walk down to the sideline fence. Silas did well until half time. That was all he could take without a nap. I did get him to sleep in my arms, but thanks to an obnoxiously loud clapper, it didn't last long. Richard made a executive decision, and we headed out. Good thing because someone left their baby's sweater in the car and the temp dropped quickly. Don't worry Trojans- we will be back next year!



By the way, I know you wouldn't believe it from the pictures, but I abhor paci clips. I mean they literally make me cringe- ranking right up there with onesies in my world. Yuck! Silas didn't have one for a long time until I discovered it was much easier in the car to reach into the back seat and grab the string rather than feel all over for a disappearing paci while driving. I swore it would remain only in the car attached to the carseat. Then, I realized that it was much easier to use the clip than continually clean a dropped paci that landed on the stadium floor. Boo for the paci clip in all of our pictures.

No comments: